Fit to Print: The New York Times on Long Lines at the Polls

As someone who cares deeply about election administration, I know I should be grateful that a publication as prominent as the Times is focusing on this issue. But knowing how the Times shapes media coverage - the front page usually guarantees dozens of interview requests (meaning I know what Charles Stewart is doing today) - it's disheartening to see the debate already cast in a light which virtually ensures the continued combination of gridlock and animus in the Nation's Capital.

The article also misses the latest developments in Florida, where the Secretary of State is backing expanded early voting after the lessons learned in 2012. While I won't get into the federalism argument, it does seem to me that we ignore state and local approaches and solutions to elections policy at our peril.